What is KrystoDrym

(Pronounced"Crystal Dream")

"It's about your dreams and aspirations, beating on that dream rock consistently till it breaks into a reality."

By Oliver Chibwe

We work hand in hand with ForJam Music Production 

Krysto Drym Music Publishing is the subsidiary of  KrystoDrym Music based in St Louis MO. This  is "where creative writing comes alive".

For more information you can contact us at k@krystodrym.com

As part of our mission, Krysto Drym supports One Dream Foundation by giving 10% of our annual profits to the foundation.

You can learn more about Krysto Drym and foundation here.

We believe in building and earn our reputation,with an impressive list of credits, through careful cultivation of relationships within the music, film, television and entertainment communities. As an administrator of music publishing, we wish to have a record of unsurpassed meticulousness and diligence in the collection of income and protection of our clients copyrights. We also work proactively to exploit our properties through our associations with producers, directors, music supervisors, record companies, commercial production companies and trailer houses. We often act in a consultancy role, offering input and guidance on source music placement as well as initiating collaborations between songwriters/composers and other entertainment industries.

Important: Krysto Drym Music Publishing does not accept unsolicited song submissions.

Here are some of the FAQ to mention but a few.....

How do I get permission to make photocopies of "out of print" works or arrangements of copyrighted works?


When a copyrighted work goes out of print and becomes generally unavailable to the public, the fact that it is "out of print" does not imply that it may be reproduced in any manner without first receiving permission from the copyright owner. As long as the work is under copyright, permission to reproduce the work must always be obtained.

How do I find the publisher of a work?


The name of the publisher is usually included on the cover of the piece or on the copyright notice of the piece. If the publisher cannot be located with that information, refer to the music publishers Sales Agency List to locate the administrative company for the publisher of which you are searching. If the company is not listed anywhere on the Sales Agency List, check with ASCAP or BMI via the Internet.

How can I tell if a work is still protected by copyright?


Works created after January 1, 1978 will be protected for the life of the composer (author) plus 70 years. Copyrights in effect on that date, if renewed, will continue for 75 years from the date copyright was originally secured. Those works in their initial 28-year period of copyright on January 1, 1978 can be renewed for an additional 47 years, while the copyright of works in their renewal term on that date were automatically extended for an additional 19 years.

How do I register my piece for copyright protection?


The Copyright Act provides that copyright protection begins at the moment the work is created. Registration with the Copyright Office is not required in order for a work to be protected under US copyright law. The copyright must generally be registered with the Copyright Office in Washington, DC before the copyright owner can sue an infringer (from AAP, NACS, and SPA brochure entitled Q & A on Copyright for the Campus Community).

Do I need permission to make an arrangement or transcription?


If an arrangement is made of a copyrighted work without the authorization of the copyright owner, the arrangement would be an unauthorized derivative work and therefore an infringement of the copyright and the exclusive right of the copyright owner. The first thing to do when you want to make an arrangement is check if the work is in the public domain or if it is protected by copyright. If the work is protected by copyright, you cannot make an arrangement without the prior permission of the copyright owner.

How do I get my piece published?


Each week publishers can receive a substantial number of manuscripts, which they register and acknowledge. This is a time-consuming responsibility, but one which publishers take very seriously. Remember, do not send the original manuscript without first making a copy. Also, it is a good idea to let the publisher know if you are submitting your work to other publishers. Your manuscript is then circulated among a New Publications Review Committee. It is normal for the whole process to take three to nine months.

What do I do if I want permission to reprint portions of a work in my thesis, book, or journal article?


Permission from the copyright holder must be granted prior to use. Contact the publisher to first find the copyright holder.

May I make copies of existing recordings for my students to take home to practice?


It is expressly prohibited to make copies of recordings of a copyrighted work (even it it's for home practice) without permission of the copyright owner of both the musical composition and the recording. Please ask...publishers may be willing to work with you on licensing fees.

May I extract one or two pieces out of a collection and use photocopies of those pieces instead of purchasing the entire collection?


While collections may be "more expensive than what I wanted to spend" and "I only want to use one piece from the collection, I'll never use any other", they are made for a purpose; whether it be a musical, a cantata, a genre collection, or a contractual stipulation. Whatever the case, the collection must be purchased in its entirety. Some publishers may license use of individual pieces, however, situations vary greatly. Please contact the individual copyright owner for specific licensing possibilities.

If you are not hearing audio, your email reader or web browser is not equipped to show Java rich media. Please visit http://www.clipstream.com/help/visitorhelp.shtml to learn how to enable your client for rich media.

Back top